Tattoo - Visual Art Form

Guard nabbed for breaking into PUNCHman’s residence

Guard nabbed for breaking into PUNCHman’s residence


A security guard, Martin Osakoni, has been arrested for breaking into the apartment of a PUNCHman, Emma Anya, on Sunday, looting his property.

The incident happened at the Anyas’ residence in Akoka, Lagos State.

The suspect, an indigene of Delta State, was said to have hidden his loot in a shop at Pako Bus Stop in the area and was returning to carry more property when he was caught.

PUNCNman’s wife, Mrs. Calista Anya, told PUNCH Metro that she had first met their home in disarray when she decided to leave the church while the service was on.

She said, “It was around 11am that I decided to leave the church and pick something at home. I discovered the burglary proof to the house had been broken and the door smashed.

“I went in and met our clothes and other items on the floor. The Plasma television screen, which was on the wall in my husband’s room had also been removed and put on the floor.

“That was when I became afraid because I felt that burglars might be hiding somewhere in our apartment.”

She said she ran back to the church to alert her husband and a policeman, who was a member of the church.

It was learnt that on their return to the house, they met Osakoni, coming out of the building.
Emma said, “I confronted him and he said he was looking for a man named IK. I said there was nobody by that name in our house, and he quickly replied that he might have missed his way.

“The policeman with us told him that an apartment in the house he was coming out from had just been burgled, but he denied knowing about it. He said he knew me as his senior in my secondary school days and he could not have done such a thing to me.

“I never met him before and therefore did not know him. But because I saw he was fidgeting, I knew he could not be innocent. The policeman ordered him back into the compound and searched him after showing him his identity card. In his pockets were some of my wife’s jewellery.

He said upon further interrogation, he confessed to have moved some of the property to a shop at the bus stop. He led the policeman, the Anyas and some neighbours to the shop.

The items recovered was said to have included a Dell Inspiron laptop, a PC tablet, a Sony Xpera cell phone, three other handsets and a DVD player.

It was learnt that a mob had gathered around, and would have lynched him but for the intervention of the police.
While this was on, Osakoni maintained a hardened stance, saying, “I am ready to die; you can kill me,” a source said.

PUNCH Metro gathered that it was not the first time houses in the area would be burgled .

Our correspondent gathered that the 37-year-old was in the employ of a private security firm, and was guarding a private house on Osborne Road, Ikoyi.

The suspect’s wife was said to have maintained that she did not know her husband was into burglary and pleaded on his behalf for forgiveness.

The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Lelma Kolle, said the Sabo Divisional Police Officer, who was handling the case, could not be reached on his telephone line.

The police spokesman said, “I have called the Sabo Divisional Police Officer, who is handling the case. But he could not be reached on his telephone line.”



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 4:58 AM and have