Tattoo - Visual Art Form

In Honour of Black Friday...

In Honour of Black Friday...

First things first. Here's this cat:

I kinda wanted to talk about Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and all that, but then I realized that doing so would really fuck up my Zen because I'd get on my soapbox about how stupid it is that people go nuts and disregard everything Thanksgiving is supposed to represent by running all over each other like idiots just so they can save a buck or two. Of course, then I'd get carried away by how appropriate Black Friday is after all since people still use Thanksgiving to celebrate the survival of the colonists at Plymouth by giving thanks to the Christian God who supposedly gave the "new world" (though it wasn't all that new to the natives) to the Puritans and blessing their conquest and capture of the land from the heathens (much like God did in the Old Testament, so who's surprised?). So why not carry on a Thanksgiving tradition of trampling over other people to acquire that which we with our egocentric attitudes think we deserve? And yes, why not start such a tradition on Thanksgiving Day itself rather than waiting till Friday? Get an early jump on the game. That's the American spirit!

"And yes, I have all of the usual objections
To consumerism, to the commercialization of an ancient religion
To the westernization of a dead Palestinian
Press-ganged into selling PlayStations and beer
But I still really like it"

- Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"


But no, I will not step on my soapbox today. Instead, I offer this cat. It's a peace cat. A cat of peace.

Today I am enjoying my time off from work, relaxing and truly feeling grateful for what I have in my life.


At the Festival of Trees here in Springfield on Thanksgiving Day.


Group photo during our "Bonfire Celebration on the Pale Blue Dot."


I know, I'm hot.


My 16 year old son started studying karate. Taking after his old man. Whatever he does with his life, I hope he knows how proud I am of him.


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 11:00 AM and have