Tattoo - Visual Art Form

My Lip piercing experience

My Lip piercing experience


Lip piercing experience





That's me


      I pierced my lip during the month of May in 2011. By this time my lip had actually been pierced at least 3 times, once on the other side but i decided against it because my nose ring was going to be on that side. I would have to say piercing it felt really similar to having an ear lobe being pierced so that would be like a 3 on a scale to 10. I've had it for some years now, and I'm strangely attached to it. I have yet to experience any damage to my teeth or gums that is often associated with an oral piercing as well.
     I pierced it with a 16g sterilized piercing needle, some rubber gloves, a clamp, and a 16g labret I got from Claire's. I just made a mark where i wanted my lip piercing to be then pulled my lip down with a clamp and pushed the needle through my lip. After that the jewelry was also pushed through my lip and I twisted the ball on. I cleaned it with some cleaning solution and placed a hot towel on my lip to take the swelling down faster. During the next few weeks I was fine.

  • Scale1-10= 3
  • 2-3 months healing time
  • long 1" inch labret
My collection of labrets


Biggest Issues
  • Nothing
What Did I use
  • Clamps
  • H2Ocean cleaning solution
  • Rubber gloves
  • 16g sterilized piercing needle

                     Some Other things you should think about before you get this piercing

Do your parent's approve of piercings? If not, than unless your ready to have a fight with your parent's don't get it. This is one of my more obvious piercings since it is right in the middle of my face, which means it'll be just as obvious to your parent's.

How do you plan on hiding it from parent's, school, or work? There are retainers you could buy to "try" to hide it, but let me tell you retainers are really obvious. And even if you just take it out, it still leaves a little hole behind.

Do you have enough money to keep buying lip ring/hoops, retainers, and cleaning solution? Because if your hiding this piercing from your parent's that's going to be really hard to do if they give you money and you spend it on jewelry you "DON'T" have a piercing for. And you really won't be able to hide it if you go to the store with your parent's.
    




share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 12:48 PM and have