Tattoo - Visual Art Form

Path of a Critical Thinker (Meow)

Path of a Critical Thinker (Meow)

My favorite part of my philosophy education in college was studying logical fallacies. My next favorite part was noticing them pop up in the arenas of both politics and religion. I wanted to come back to the "Path of a Critical Thinker" series to talk briefly about logical fallacies. Consider this argument. Read it right meow:

Premise 1: No cat has eight tails.

Premise 2: A cat has one more tail than no cat.
__________________

Therefore, a cat has nine tails.


Seems logical, right?



I could make a long list of fallacies, but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. There are a few really good sites on logical fallacies. My favorite is The Fallacy Files, but a quick trip down Google lane can lead one to other good ones as well.

[Read the entire series: The Path of a Critical Thinker]



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 10:35 PM and have