Tattoo - Visual Art Form

My Tongue Web experience

My Tongue Web experience

                              
                                 My Experience with a TONGUE WEB PIERCING



      This was a DIY piercing, I was looking on the internet and decided "Hey, that's cute and I need a new piercing anyway" so i got a 16g piercing needle and punctured the upper half of my tongue web. For it to be such a tiny piece of skin it took a while to pierce through. I ended up having to wiggle it a little bit and it popped right through without ANY pain. It also didn't bleed, which was a plus. But the hardest part came when I had got the jewelry in but couldn't twist the other ball on. I had to take some tweezers and twist the ball on that way, which took more time than I would have liked. During the next 4 days it became soar and it was a little difficult to yawn but nothing to over whelming. It did collect a lot of plaque from what I was eating and I had to clean it often. The swelling was undetectable from my parent's and I didn't develop a naughty lisp like when you get your tongue pierced.
  •  It didn't hurt
  • It didn't give me a lisp
  • The swelling wasn't noticeable
  • But, i did have trouble getting the ball to my jewelry on, so that made me very unhappy.
  • Pain scale 1-10= 1
                                                 Biggest issues with this piercing
  • I could not get the ball of the jewelry on for the longest time.
  • This piercing attracts a lot of plague.
  • Makes it a little painful to yawn.

                                                                How did i do it?

  1. I used a 16g sterile piercing needle
  2. Gloves
  3. Listerine for before and after
  4. 16g eyebrow barbell

                                                      Q&A about tongue web piercings

  • Unlike many other oral piercing's, the tongue web piercing doesn't cause any damage to your gums or teeth, but the floor of the mouth can become irritated.
  • The Tongue web (frenulum) can be successfully pierced with a (16g) barbell or captive bead ring.




  • Healing time for oral piercing's are relatively short. So healing time should be between 2-4 months and heal safely if you don't smoke or irritate it by constantly changing the jewelry for the first two weeks.



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 9:21 AM and have