Tattoo - Visual Art Form

This is a Freethinker!

This is a Freethinker!

It's been an exciting week in my little part of the world. This year's Guy Fawkes Night celebration on Monday was awesome, and yesterday the nation felt the excitement of election night. Following Guy Fawkes Night each year is (as seen on Dead-Logic's Liturgical Calendar) Carl Sagan Day on November 9. Guy Fawkes Night pictures are coming soon, as is the compulsory blog entry about how awesome science and Carl Sagan are. In the meantime, I wanted to share this amazing explanation of what a freethinker is, brought to us by blogger Zinnia Jones in a speech titled "The Dogma of Gender" that she delivered at the Florida Secular Rally:

[Freethinkers] value reality, and the unfettered critical scrutiny of any claim, and the desire to know what's really true, so that we can change our beliefs when the evidence demands it. This is how we're working to dismantle the unexamined dogmas that permeate society.

Well said, Zinnia. I love it. I was so excited that I made this:


(I think I'm so cool.)

Here's the video of Zinnia's entire speech:


[Via ZJemptv]



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 7:00 PM and have