Tattoo - Visual Art Form

More of Japan!

More of Japan!

We are actually back to work and settling back in but I did just want to do one more Japan post before we move on. It's nice to be home but I do miss Japan already! However we do get to go back in June, so I can't be too much of a brat about it.

So where to start... Tattoos! The most important thing of all! As I said in my last post, we did finish my phoenix this trip and I am so damn happy with it. I wanted to wait till it was healed before I posted pics. I also finally got some decent shots of Matt's front after his last session. So here they are in all their glory! Sorry these are mostly just repeats of instagram pics.

Shoki! 
Here is a better photo of my back piece. I am so in love with it, I have already forgotten the pain and want to do more! 
Phoenix is finished and so lovely :)
Matt's last day of tattooing I decided to take it easy. I was planning on going sightseeing but I was sore, it was raining and I wanted to get back to Yellow Blaze early to make sure I was there for when Matt and Shige finished. So I did some washing, eating and lazing around watching Boardwalk Empire. Which, I might add, is an awesome show, so get on that ASAP!!

View from Yellow Blaze balcony on our last day, it was a rainy day that day
Walking back to the hotel, in the rain. I normally hate photo's of myself but I thought I managed a half "arty" type one here and thought it looked pretty cool?
Watching Boardwalk also included eating lots of yummy snacks. I also bought lots of nice new socks, some of which are pictured here (Japan has the nicest socks)
So this trip we didn't get a lot of time to sight see (we had a lot of tattoo appointments) but we made sure we made it out most days, especially the days we weren't getting tattooed. So our second to last day was all about eating and walking around Yokohama, taking it all in. Some pics of our second to last day (again, instagram rips, sorry)...

It's almost criminal to be eating this when there is so much nicer Japanese food around but I love Sizzler ok?
And this is what I ate, not all of it but you get the idea :P
On the eternal hunt for books, I like looking too but not for as long as  this guy. 
And so our last day I was feeling a little sad, I never want to leave Japan but I REALLY didn't want to leave this time. We had such an awesome trip, we always do but yeah I am always sad to leave. But we had a really nice last day and waked around and did some window shopping and by the time we did all that it was time to head to the airport. 

The Foreigners Cemetery, it was closed, so next time I want to go in. 
I just loved these houses (actually I think one is a cafe and one a museum but you know what I mean), they are so cute:



I nearly bought one with a big Kappa on the back, next time.
Just cute flower arrangements in Motomachi Street
I've decided we need one of these kind of puppies. They are so beautiful. Kinda like a cross between a dingo and fox (well that's what I think)
Ok, I know, I have a million photo's of this shrine but I love it


Woodblock print hunting. I want them all!
And that is about it for Japan (well it's not) but it is for this post.

In shop news. Matt and I will be heading to the Sydney Tattoo Expo next Friday, Saturday and Sunday.(9th, 10th and 11th March). Looking forward to that, however I am not looking forward to getting on another plane so soon though. Should be fun, so head on down if your on town! Matt is already booked out for the 3 days, so can't fit anything else in, sorry.

That's all..





share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 4:59 PM and have