Tattoo - Visual Art Form

A Magical Definition of Faith

A Magical Definition of Faith

Magic: the Gathering is a competitive trading card game with a fantasy theme: magic, wizards, angels, vampires, dragons, knights, zombies, et cetera. I've been playing this game since it was first released back in 1993. Yes, kids, I'm a long-time geek. Fortunately, I'm not the stereotypical gamer geek: I'm physically active, a martial artist, an avid sports nut, I smell good, and I have sex. Still, I love chucking the Magic cards around with the local geeks at the game store. Don't judge me. I mention all this because I came across this Magic card recently called "True Believer." It's an older card that I've seen before, but just now I noticed the card's flavor text. Here's the card:

"So great is his certainty that mere facts cannot shake it." Looks like someone over at Wizards of the Coast understands how faith works. A "true believer" won't let the facts change his mind. Hallelujah. Isn't that right, Bill Craig?


Should a conflict arise between the witness of the Holy Spirit to the fundamental truth of the Christian faith and beliefs based on argument and evidence, then it is the former which must take precedence over the latter, not vice versa. [William Lane Craig, Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth and Apologetics, (Revised edition, Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 1994), p. 36.]


Until next time, may geeks of all forms dwell together in harmony.

Dead-Logic


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 12:30 PM and have