Tattoo - Visual Art Form

The Lesson of May 21, 2011

The Lesson of May 21, 2011

My friend Mike the White sent me a link to this article about an ex subway worker who sinks 140,000 life savings into a campaign advertising the end of the world. On May 22 this guy will wake up to the pile of "May 21 Rapture" junk he bought, along with the realization that he destroyed his future. He won't be the only one.

People have sold their houses, liquidated their funds and closed bank accounts to scrounge up the cash to buy stuff like this:









I created the End of the World Fund back in the first week of April as a joke. I never expected to get any money from the May 21 nutters. One guy from California gave me a $10.00 donation that came with the following message:

Sorry it's not more - I gotta save some in case it's 12/21/12. Cheers, Brother Bud, see you in ... uh, see you!

I appreciate the humor, and I want my friend from California to know that his generous gift will be used to continue this important ministry called Dead-Logic.

Since I created the End of the World Fund, I noticed others have come up with a similar idea. A few days ago, Vjack over at Atheist Revolution gave the May 21 nutters a similar offer, explaining that he's "willing to take everything you own off your hands." As an alternative, he suggested giving it all away to those who are truly needy. Likewise, YouTuber NonStampCollector posted a video yesterday encouraging the May 21 nutters to give their money to the poor.

Certainly, if these silly people are going to rid themselves of all their money, I would hope they would give it to people who need it. But that's part of the joke/lesson of my End of the World Fund. If they give it to the needy, then that means they have some doubt. After the end of the world, no one is going to need that money. If they really, really believe the world is going to end on May 21, then they only need enough money to survive until at least May 20. So why not give it all away as an act of faith? Even better, why don't they give all their cash to a sarcastic skeptic? After all, after May 21, that cash will be worthless, and won't this skeptic feel dumb with all that cash when the Lord Jesus Christ returns.

Of course, I don't expect them to give me any money. I wouldn't want it if they did. I would prefer that they spend and save their money wisely. Instead, they are busy spending their life savings on advertising. It's pointless to try to talk sense into them. It's useless to make any appeals to reason with them. They won't listen. The biggest lesson of May 21 will happen, naturally, on May 22, when they see that they're still here. No rapture. No return of Christ. No Day of Judgment. Just piles and piles of worthless May 21 junk.

Will all that junk that they will undoubtedly toss in the trash teach them anything? Probably not.

Dead-Logic.com


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 5:30 AM and have