Tattoo - Visual Art Form

William Lane Craig was Right!

William Lane Craig was Right!

Here's the video:


[via askegg]

When I watched askegg's previous video which he mentions here, I said to myself, "William Lane Craig said a lot of goofy things in his debate with Sam Harris, but that particular statement askegg is criticizing is actually correct." Today I see this video in which askegg retracts his previous criticism, then proceeds to offer much better criticisms of WLC's arguments.

askegg remarks: "On the 12th April 2011 I posted a video accusing William Lane Craig of a fallacious argument, which he was not guilty of. I retract the criticism and apologise for my rash and premature attack. However, there are a number of other aspects to William Lane Craig's argument I wish to highlight."

For those of you who pay attention to the atheist scene on YouTube, note the contrast in attitude between askegg and Thunderf00t. Here we see a healthy level of humility from askegg, whereas we received nothing but hubris and delusions of grandeur from Thunderf00t.

askegg exemplifies the attitude everyone should have; the attitude that has led to the scientific achievements we enjoy today; the attitude that William Lane Craig either cannot or will not allow himself to obtain: the attitude of objectivity. This is a mindset that follows the evidence and arguments wherever they may lead. This is an attitude that says, "I am willing to change my mind should logic and reason mandate." This is an attitude that is willing to exchange previous conclusions for better conclusions. This is, as askegg notes, "something I have rarely seen a theologian do."

Dead-Logic.com


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 6:30 AM and have