Tattoo - Visual Art Form

One Word- "Ouch"!

One Word- "Ouch"!

So we are really enjoying our week off, although I feel like it is going way too quickly. We have been doing stuff around the house (we wouldn't normally have time to do), eating out a lot and just taking it easy. It's been really nice to spend some time at home, God knows we don't get to do that very often.

Yesterday I managed to talk Matt into tattooing me (so he almost had a week off). We were going to tattoo my head (yes, my head), since it is shaved at the moment I thought it might be a good opportunity? However, I couldn't think of anything to get there, so we decided on doing my palm instead. Ever since Matt had his done I have envied them, so I have pretty much annoyed him about getting them done ever since. I wanted a cuckoo clock originally but it just wasn't going to work for this. Matt came up with a cool lantern and I loved it. So cuckoo will have to go somewhere else instead, I am sure I will come up with some other crazy idea for where to put it. 

So here is some pics of my day today.

Literally minutes after, so excuse the ink, I had trouble rubbing it off. 


And just about finished in this shot. Matt still had some lines he wanted to do but I told him to fuck off (literally- sorry love) and that he and I were done for the day! I have never tapped out before but I swear it was the most horrible feeling in the world and I nearly did. It is finished though, matt just wanted to "retouch stuff", but there was no way I was doing any more today. I just hope I forget about the pain by the time I do the other one.


So fingers crossed it stays in!! I don't want to have gone through that for nothing, nor do I really want to go through any touch ups. 

Oh and I just have to put a shout out for our mate Malika, who is doing a guest spot again from around May 12th. Malika and her baby daddy Mitch are working with us for about 2 weeks in May. She has a couple spots still available for anyone wanting portraits or script. You can check out their work at Westside Tattoo (Brisbane) on facebook:


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Westside-Tattoo/144647928914380



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 4:34 AM and have