Tattoo - Visual Art Form

The Strangest Things Bring Up Old Memories

The Strangest Things Bring Up Old Memories

So I came across this picture tonight on the world wide Internets:

I used to own this tie. In fact, some of you might remember a previous post in which I posted this picture of my ex-wife and me, surrounded by church deacons and elders, during my ordination service:


( I wore a Star Wars tie to my ordination ceremony. That's how awesome I am.)

As I wrote when I posted this picture on my blog the first time: "The woman kneeling next to me is ex-wife #1 Becka. They had her kneel with me at the end of the service so they could lay hands on us and pray for our future in ministry together (oops). I put a Guy Fawkes mask over her face because she probably doesn't want me to post pictures of her on my blog I like the photo better this way."

For most people who have seen the picture of the Star Wars tie, it's just an amusing picture of some guy wearing a cool tie. But for me, seeing it triggered a lot of memories. Some good, a lot bad. Things were a lot different in my life - I was a lot different - when I last wore that tie.

I don't know what happened to that tie. Of course, I've lost a lot of my stuff over the years. Getting divorced and moving from place to place can do that to you.

I miss you, Star Wars tie. While I can't wear you around my neck, I will always wear you around my heart.




share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 9:27 PM and have