Tattoo - Visual Art Form

Melbourne Tattoo Expo

Melbourne Tattoo Expo

Beautiful Melbourne and it didn't even rain! 
So it's been a chaotic couple of months but good couple of months! We are finally home, safe and sound and it's good to be back at work, as well as home (not that we have been there much). I really wanted to blog about the last part of our travels in Korea and Japan but I feel that it's past now and I need to probably talk more tattoos than traveling anyway. 


So in saying that we had an awesome time at the Melbourne Tattoo Expo over this past weekend. Although a little tired because we got home from Japan on Thursday at 12pm and spent majority of the day getting the stuff together to take to the convention. Then we flew out, on that wonderful 6am flight from Adelaide to Melbourne, just in time to get straight to the convention to set up at 9. Our poor dogs and cats are so confused right now, we keep coming home for a second and then leaving again. 

But we had an awesome time, despite being exhausted from all the traveling. I guess our favorite part about conventions is meeting new people and making new friends, which we definitely did this weekend! It's also so great to meet tattooers who you really admire and respect and they end up being just as cool as you had hoped, love when that happens! My favorite part is just talking to all sorts of people all weekend. Matt does often tell me my favorite thing to do is talk, so this kind of thing works for me! :)


Matt's little spot, or big spot I should say. We had a lot of room really, pays to share a booth with others! 
Anyways, Matt had a mammoth tattoo to do all day Friday (1st day). I think it took an epic 7 and 1/2 hours or so in the end. Kasie was an absolute trooper and sat like a champ. Obviously colour portraits aren't something Matt does very often but I think it turned out a treat.


The reference for the photo comes from 666photography  by  photographer, Gayla


And a little tradish on day 2


Me looking like a tool. Well not really too toolish I guess but I just wanted to bring back "tool" for a second.


Busy busy


And Matt freehanded this Peoni to fit in a gap for the lovely Denis (who was an absolute legend). 


We shared a booth with some awesome people, great to meet you guys!
And now that I am thinking about it, I really didn't take enough photo's this weekend. But there you go, some shots of what we were up to.

So next on the agenda is the Auckland tattoo convention on the 26th and 27th of November. See their website for details 
http://aucklandtattoocon.co.nz/home.html 


If your keen on getting tattooed, please email what you want, where you want it and what size. 

And we sold all our merch at the convention on the weekend, so Matt is hoping to get some new things happening in the next few weeks. Thinking we will get more hoodies, same as the last lot. So if you missed out on the first lot, let me know and I can put one aside. Also we are thinking since it's getting warmer that it's time for more singlets (tank tops for you foreigners) and hats!


Oh wait I lied, I will sneak a little bit of Japan in here. I did promise to post Matt's beautiful hand tattoos (by Shige) in the last post. So here they are in all their glory, freshly done.

Shishi's, Ah (open mouth) and Un (closed mouth). They are for protection.
Ok think that's all my brain can spew out right now.  





share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 5:10 AM and have