Tattoo - Visual Art Form

Fatty McFatFat Redux

Fatty McFatFat Redux

I have said that diet is my biggest challenge. It's not so much that I'm tempted to eat all the good-tasting unhealthy stuff (although I do love me some tasty unhealthy food); the problem is finding the time to prepare healthy food, knowing exactly what I need to eat (and how much of it I should eat), and budgeting my income adequately to support a healthy eating lifestyle. At first I felt like I needed a nutritionist, an accountant and Tony Robbins to get me on track. Now I accept that I'm not going to be perfect - I don't need to be perfect all the time - and it's time for me to start living by one of my personal life maxims: the right time to do the right thing is always right now. So today is Day 1 of my personal food revolution: breathing new life into my 2011 Fatty McFatFat Challenge.

I'm starting with a few simple (or at least simple-to-understand) rules:

1. No fast food. This doesn't mean I'll never eat it. It means that fast food now becomes the rare exception rather than the rule. The obstacle I must overcome is that it's so convenient to run through the drive-thru that disciplining myself to not eat it is a big deal. However, if I make not eating fast food a habit, it won't be nearly as difficult later on. A good general rule to follow: fast food is off limits.

2. Broccoli... every freaking day. Broccoli is like a miracle food. It's low in calories, high in protein and antioxidants, and it even has calcium.

3. Keep is Simple. Last night I made a heaping amount of low-fat beef, broccoli, and brown rice. I mixed it all together and put it in a huge resealable plastic bag so I could take it to work and eat some of it each day for lunch. Next week I may substitute the beef for chicken. Forget trying to add variety to my lunch each day. Maybe some people can do that, but for me it's way too much work.

4. Regular exercise. This isn't new for me. I've been exercising regularly all year. I mention it here because it's still important. For me to accomplish my fitness goals in 2011 (and beyond) regular exercise and regular healthy eating must work in harmony. I see people eat horribly and then think they're "making up for it" by working out. Doesn't quite work that way, tubby.

For anyone curious about what happened to all the previous "Fatty McFatFat Challenge" entries, well, I deleted them. The challenge didn't go the way I thought it would or should. I haven't given up on my goals; on the contrary, I am more dedicated now than ever. Rather than blogging about it monthly (which strangely enough didn't motivate me or help me the way I thought it would), I will post my thoughts/progress/goals periodically, to let readers know how the Fatty McFatFat Challenge (2011 and Beyond) is going. Thanks.

Dead-Logic.com


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 6:15 AM and have