Tattoo - Visual Art Form

May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day! Blame the Gays

May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day! Blame the Gays

So proclaims Harold Camping and his followers.

I discovered Harold Camping in 1998. I was a Christian, and, driving home from work in the evenings, I would often search the radio to find a Christian station broadcasting a sermon or talk program. I found Camping's "Open Forum" radio program during a drive home one night when I landed on the Family Radio station. His deep, dim-witted sounding voice would reverberate throughout the car, and his call-in question-and-answer forum piqued my curiosity.

It wasn't long before I tuned in every night. As my shift at work drew to a close each evening, I actually looked forward to not only the relaxing drive home, but the chance to catch that evening's installment of "Open Forum." Don't misunderstand: I was never a fan of Harold Camping. I listened to his program the way a person watches a car accident. I couldn't not listen. Night after night Harold never failed to deliver some of the most oddball claims about god, backed up with the kind of reasoning that made me think Mr. Camping considers logical fallacies an art form.

I didn't know at the time that Camping had already predicted via his brand of biblical numerology that the world would end some time in 1994. Now, still relying on his biblical numerology, not only is Camping predicting the end of the world again, this time he's got an exact date: May 21, 2011. As Camping and his followers assert - and as the website says - indeed, We Can Know.

In fact, Mr. Camping can tell us about all kinds of different signs of the coming of the end:


[via familyradionetwork]

Yes folks, gay pride and same-sex marriages are signs of the end of the world. So come on boys, let's herald the apocalypse with style...


[via bear4ce1]

Dead-Logic.com


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 6:00 AM and have