Tattoo - Visual Art Form

And the Winner is Sydney!

And the Winner is Sydney!

Hello again! I have been very bad at keeping up with the blog lately. I just haven't felt there has been anything that interesting going on, so I didn't want to bore anyone. I have been reluctant to post, cos Matt hasn't finished many tattoo's lately and it's kinda boring not having that stuff to share. But today is a new day and there is a little bit of news.

Today we had a blackout and it was a right pain in the ass. Matt, Jamie and Simo all had jobs starting at 1 and that's exactly when the electricity went out! And of course you can't tattoo without it, so there was a lot of mucking around and non work related stuff going on. I decided to go around the shop and take photo's of all the candles we decided to light.


So back to news, we leave for the Sydney Tattoo Expo in two days!!! Can't believe it has snuck up on us already! I am not very organised to say the least! Check out the website for further info but it is this weekend 11th, 12th and 13th of March. We are trying something a little different with this convention. Matt is pretty much not pre-booking anything but he will have a bunch of stuff drawn up that people can choose from or he can draw something up for someone wanting something else. But if you were interested in booking beforehand you can still contact us at progressiontattoo@hotmail.com. So check it out and come along if you happen to be in Sydney! http://www.tattooexpo.com.au/

Second thing is we have decided to expand ourselves. The shop next to ours came up for lease and we have decided to take it. It is actually joined to our shop by a doorway in our reception room. So even though the shops have different entrances, we still have access between the two from upstairs. So it's very exciting, anyone knows I love a new project! We all just need a little more room and need to spread our wings a bit. We have many plans for it already like, getting ourselves a proper office, drawing area, photo station and a kitchen that we can actually use for our food! In case your wondering, no there won't be any new artists joining the crew. This is purely to give us more room we need to do our everyday stuff. I am planning on putting a fold out couch in there, for those slow afternoons when I just need a little cat nap.

As for tattoo's there is an update on Paul, who Matt tattooed a Hannya and Snake at the Melbourne convention. It's still not finished (may have got closer- had the power not gone out). But it's nice to see it with some colour now.
On the social side of things, we made it to Soundwave on Saturday. It was a beautiful 27 degrees and I think the event was one of the most organised, best run festivals I have been to. My highlight was Gaslight Anthem, Matt's was H2O. Unfortunately I feel myself getting over these types of things though, as I found myself ready to go home at about 8pm. It was a good day though, I shouldn't complain, I think I am just getting a little too long in the tooth for these things.

Not a very attractive one of me but it's funny so that's all that counts. I think we are watching Pennywise.

I also just wanted to put it out there that Matt has finally caught up on his long waiting list. And what was once an 18 month to 1 year wait is now looking more like a 4 month wait. He won't be taking on anything new till June but if you are keen he is taking interest now. It's probably best to send an email with what you want to get, where you want it and size etc. He really would like to focus more on Japanese larger work but takes on all sorts of stuff, if it's a good idea and he thinks it will be a cool piece to. If he can't do it Jamie and Simone probably can. He won't be doing anything in black and grey (not even Japanese) so if you want a black and grey tattoo Jamie is your man!

I think that is it for this installment. Stay tuned for a Sydney blog.

Matt's final word- "80's Sci Fi movies are badass and music wise, get onto Plan B, Sick of It All and H2O".



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 9:16 PM and have