Tattoo - Visual Art Form

When I'm Growed Up, I'm Gonna Be...

When I'm Growed Up, I'm Gonna Be...

Ever have one of those "what am I going to do with my life?" moments? That's me right now. I've written in previous blog entries about grad school and one day becoming a professor. Recent events have made me wonder whether that's really the path I should take. Of course, I'm left with the burning question of what to do with my life.

My previous entry was fueled by my desire to do something significant with my life. I need to make a list of goals. That would help. My biggest problem right now is this void in my mind where a desired career goal should be. I have a degree in theology. What am I supposed to do with that?

I remember all the youth group discussions about finding "god's will for my life." That seems to be a popular topic for youth ministers to present to kids, particularly teenagers. Those discussions never really helped me much. I was convinced for a while that I was "called" to be a minister, which is what led to the theology degree and my becoming ordained. I don't regret my education or experience, but neither seems to be helping me figure out what to do next.

Maybe I'm afraid of choosing a path because my experience has shown me that I can put a lot of effort into something that I think I want to do, only to find that it's anything but what I want to do.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, even though sometimes it feels like I won't.

Dead-Logic.com


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 7:51 AM and have