Tattoo - Visual Art Form

Konichiwa

Konichiwa




Our current home, Yokohama
Well we have been in Japan a week now and it is as awesome as always. Matt has finally gotten over his cough/throat infection, so we have been able to get out and about a bit. Friday night we were supposed to go to a baseball game but it got cancelled due to rain, major bummer!! So instead we went to Yokohama China town and went to our favourite  restaurant and had some lovely Japanese food.





Matt in front of the Landmark Tower ( near our apartment in Yokohama)
On Saturday we made a trip down to Osaka and went to Universal Studios. We were like two little kids and raced around to all the rides and I made myself a little nauseous by doing that (damn my weak stomach). First ride was JAWS, which was sweet! I just love how animated the people operating the rides are, they put their heart and soul into it I tell ya! Even though I can't understand what they are saying they still make the ride for me. I was wondering how they can be so enthusiastic when they have probably done it for the millionth time that day, I loved it!





Universal Studios (Jaws ride)
And of course our main reason for going to Universal was to do the "Back to the Future" ride. Matt nearly had a heart attack when we came across an actual Delorean. Not to mention that the actual ride involves sitting in one!





Universal Studios again and the delorean we found (someone is a little bit excited)
On Sunday we went to the Osaka Castle and climbed the many, many stairs to the top (my legs are still aching by the way, so climbing Fuji in a few days is going to be fun). Anyway there was an amazing view of Osaka from the top, which made it all worth it. The rest of the day we spent walking around Osaka and just taking it all in, we are definitely going to have to get back there again next time.



Us being dorks at the Osaka Castle



And on top of Osaka Castle
Yesterday we met up with our mate Crystal and stomped around Harajuku and Shinjuku, checking out the sights (oh and the sights!). I just wanted to sit on the street and stare at all the wonderful outfits and awesome people getting around. I would have taken photos of some of the outfits but I am too shy to ask and I don't want to be rude. Anyways we went to a noodle bar for a bite to eat, checked out an antique store, some book stores and art shops, so that was fun.





Walking around Shinjuku
And the tattooing is going really well. Last Monday we started my left arm (I am getting a phoenix) and Tuesday we finished my right arm (with the dragon). I am obviously really happy with them (as if I wouldn't be), Shige has done an amazing job and I can't wait to see them both finished together. Shige also extended them both across my chest, which I wasn't expecting but have to say I am pretty damn happy with. 

Matt got his Fudo Myoo (right sleeve) finished too. He had sessions on Wednesday and Thursday last week. Even though he was sick as a dog he coped really well with the tattooing (I think getting tattooed was a good distraction from being sick). But his is still healing, so will have to post pics later. Of course it looks fricken awesome! 

Pics of my stuff: I had to chop my head off, I really wasn't feeling it this morning, my head was looking pretty rough :P





So here is a front pic of my finished arm



And side view



And a little preview of the outline on my lefty and how they are going together across my chest



And side view of the phoenix
Matt is currently at Yellow Blaze getting his left hand tattooed as we speak, looks pretty rad but will have to post pics when they are healed too. 

Ok, time to sign off, I have to go clean our abomination of an apartment (how we make so much mess is beyond me). 



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 11:27 PM and have