Tattoo - Visual Art Form

Angry Atheist, Happy Traveler

Angry Atheist, Happy Traveler

I had the pleasure of attending the first Third Floor Music Festival yesterday at the Hoogland Center for the Arts, right here in good ol' Springfield, Illinois. The event featured local musicians and artists. I spent most of the evening in the acoustic room because I'm a big fan of alt/folk indie stuff, although later that night I made my way over to see local band Nil8 put on a killer show. This was my first time hearing them. I bought a copy of each of their CDs. Yay me.

Brandon Carnes, a young local musician who performed in the acoustic room, impressed me with both his music and his Batman-utility-belt-thing full of harmonicas. I spoke with him after his set. I asked him about a couple songs he performed which he called his "angry atheist songs." One of those songs, titled "God Damn", can be found here (be sure to check out his other songs too):

brandoncarnes.bandcamp.com

The song promotes this crazy notion that people can actually be good, loving and decent without appealing to a higher power. This short life might be all we've got, so I agree with Brandon: let's make the most of it.

Dead-Logic.com


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 11:08 AM and have